View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingturtle View Post

The 8GB, like my 1st-Gen Kindle Fire, is really too small, since you can only use about a portion of that (4gb maybe?) but since I have my Nexus to install any big Android-related apps (plus Amazon let's you install the Amazon Appstore on the Nexus), I don't really need that much space on my Kindle Fire HD. Also read the tip about using Calibre Companion to get books from my PC (gotta try that out).
Congrats! Good choices! My 2013 Fire HD is only 8gb, which is fine, for me. I mainly use it to read on, a couple card games, web browsing, news apps. I have only used half the available space and I have at least 1000 books on it. I like being able to browse my archive on the fire. I like reading on it, though most of my books are loaded through Calibre Companion and read with Moon+ Pro. Both of those apps are SO worth buying. And you can put them both on both of your tablets, just buy them from the Amazon App store. (Unless you know how to side load an app). If you have Amazon music you can stream it on the Fire. So really unless you love to play lots of games, or want to store music or movies on the device, the 8gb is fine.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote