View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
I fixed it (at least partially)! Here is what I did. I went to Settings > Applications > All Applications > Amazon Kindle and chose "Uninstall all updates." This corrected the book issues.

Here is what I think happened (ApK was right): I have Google Play installed. Somehow it decided to update the Fire Kindle app with Kindle for Android. When the notification appeared it was not clear where the update was coming from Amazon or Google. I updated and it screwed my Fire Kindle app.

Now I need to figure out how to get my Music app back. Is it possible to reflash to the original firmware?
I went where you went and did not see an option to "uninstall all updates." My version of Amazon Kindle is 4.1.2.12. The app management screen only shows "Force Stop," "Clear Data," "Clear Cache," and "Launch by Default." You may still have the android app installed there.

If you go to Settings \ Device, at the very bottom you will see, "Reset to Factory Defaults." That may get rid of improper apps and start you over fresh. After you do that leave the Fire in Sleep Mode at full charge for at least 12 hours to get back the update to the firmware.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote