View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #42
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
As for the K3 devices: I've been trying AdvancedToolkit on my K3 Wifi - and wasn't successful. Might be because I was handing over USB2 traffic to a Windows XP running in VirtualBox, though. But it recognized the MX35 in the USB Downloader mode. However what didn't work was dumping the MMC using that approach. The flash tool just told that it wasn't successful to bring the device into the right mode.
Maybe it doesn't support dumping MMC contents? Then it might only be bad timing because of virtualized USB2... I've not yet looked into the Freescale data sheets whether it might be write-only, but that's a quite common feature on microcontrollers...
It looks like part of mmcblk0 on the MX50 is write-only too (for user-land apps). Most of the stuff before the main kernal is all 0x00 when you dump it with "dd", and the idme tool writes to its vars directly to mmc, but reads /proc to read its var from a kernel module.

In the k4 and touch that write-only restriction might not apply to kernel modules.

I have yet to spend much time with AdvancedToolKit on my K3. It might need some special config files for the K3. I needed to create configs for the MfgTool to get it working the way I wanted it to work...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote