View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #23
KACartlidge
Author
KACartlidge began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PR505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
You are relying on Amazon to do the conversions.
Yes, I know. That's the point.

Amazon state RTF support, so how does one get Amazon's official methods of loading RTFs to fully support RTF metadata?

I do not care (and have accepted all along) that Amazon do a conversion to get it to the device. I do not care if the end result is a mobi. The only issue is the simple task of transferring an RTF to the Kindle, with no intervening third party software (like Calibre), and have the Kindle display it, regardless of the eventual format on the device, with title and author metadata.

I have a large collection of RTF files. They all have metadata understood by MS Word and the Sony PRS-505. I want to simply zip them up, send them over (kindle.com), and have the Kindle understand their title and author on arrival. No intervening step. No third party conversion. They state RTF support, so this should work - but doesn't. They arrive minus metadata.

I accept there are conversions that will retain the metadata. I like and use RTF. Amazon say RTF is supported. Therefore I would like to not have to do conversions with 3rd party software in advance of commencing the transfer.

Last edited by KACartlidge; 09-06-2010 at 08:16 AM.
KACartlidge is offline   Reply With Quote