View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And then there was the vowel and consonant shift as well. Plus some books were written in older styles for a purpose. The KJV of the Bible for example. It used words and manners of speech that were already dated at the time of the translation, but it was felt that using the older forms would add to the text (or so I understand). I'm sure it probably wasn't the only book that was so written though. I wonder how many 'new' books written in the 1500's have been thought to be of older vintage due to the language used in them.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote