View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slinky View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting so please forgive me if I'm doing so in the wrong forum/subforum.

I have a book that I'd like to change the cover of - I tried simply editing the metadata at first to add a cover but when I transferred the book to my Kobo Aura HD the new cover didn't show up. It shows up fine in Calibre but when I click to view it in Calibre the first page of the book is still the old cover.

I then tried adding the new cover when converting it from EPUB to EPUB and what happened was the new cover was added to the first page of the book and the old cover was moved to the very back of the book. When I add it to the Kobo under the Library Cover View the old cover from the last page shows up instead of the new cover on the first page.

How do I add a new cover to replace the old one instead of having the old one moved to the last page of the book? How do I get the new cover to show up in my Kobo Library instead of the old cover?

This is very strange as I've changed the cover of other books by simply editing the metadata without any conversion and they've all worked fine. I'm only having this problem with this one particular EPUB. I really don't understand it. Any help would be appreciated.
You posted in a correct place as this seems to bridge Library and Devices.

Have you tried 'Polish' to insert the cover and metadata that shows in the Library (view)? (or the Modify EPUB PI)
Having the location change without a book conversion appears to be a corruption of the NCX files play order.
Are you using 'Tweak epub' to explode and rebuild the book?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote