Thread: Mini Mini Teardown
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightgod View Post
Mine has the 4 Gb card as well. I would love to resize the partition to take advantage of any unallocated space. However in Win 7, although the OS sees the card as a "Removable Disk" Explorer tells me to Please Insert A Disk when I try to look at its contents. Is it possible for me to work with this card in Win 7? Thanks for any replies.
The card has multiple partitions and Windows is trying to mount the first partition which is a Linux ext3 partition. As you noted, it doesn't work with stock Windows.

Take a look for Minitools' Partition Wizard Home Edition. It will let you see the three partitions and does a nice job of extending the FAT32 partition. While you have the card out, I'd suggest making an image copy of it for future reference. You can also write that image to a larger uSD card and extend the FAT32 partition on that to gain more space if you need it in the future.

Check the Memory Mod Upgrade thread in this forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122) for more information on the tools and procedures.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote