View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #16
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
I found and tried a couple of apps modified to use the eInk display on the Edge - Cool Reader and FBReader. Cool Reader seems to be Edge specific - I can't get eBooks to display fitting the smaller PE LDC screen, which causes issues trying to use the eInk display. FBReader works, but you must have the book open on the LCD side to navigate, and it simply copies what's there to the frame buffer for display on eInk. That largely eliminates the power saving features of using the eInk side. It does let you read outdoors in sunlight, but I basically don't do that. Both went away.
You might be interested in testing Orion reader for PDF and djvu files. It was supporting edge eink for some time. Here is the link to the last version for edge.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote