View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #77
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
... (albeit the somewhat marred launch has put a stain on it).
Sadly, it would have cost me less (no shipping) to buy a 16GB Nexus 7 at a local store, and I would have gotten it sooner, than I got my preorder. And sears.com even had it on sale for $237.49 INCLUDING SHIPPING. I had to pay Google the full $249.99 PLUS $13.88 shipping, and I had to wait longer than if I bought it as sears.com with local in-store pickup.

And worse, Google is giving the $25 (announced as a pre-order bonus) google play credit for in-store purchases now too.

And with an in-store purchase, you could pre-examine it to check for the "loose screw" or "lifted screen" problems and exchange it immediately, but with sold-out pre-orders you would have to wait for a replacement from the next build.

So the people who did pre-orders for the 16GB Nexus 7 paid more AND waited longer, and some of them got defects than cannot be replaced in a timely manner.

That certainly was botched, IMHO.

I am not unhappy that I pre-ordered, but I think Google should give us an extra bonus that they are NOT giving to in-store purchasers (like the $25 credit was SUPPOSED to be).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote