View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i thought this was very interesting (emphasis mine) :
Quote:
Ben, 31, was happily slumped in an armchair immersed in a copy of Piers Morgan's autobiography. "I love opening a brand-new book - I'll never read anything else - and the way the feel of it changes, page by page, as you get through it. I can't see the appeal of ebooks. Then again, when newspapers first went online I thought the same thing, and these days I only really ever read them on the internet."
jswolf, i believe that the ipod and itunes are actually a very pertinent simile when trying to explain these concepts to people who are unfamiliar to them, so i don't think the article is "ruined" by them, on the contrary, it probably will be more comprehensible to the majority of the public. i regularly use this simile to explain what is a liseuse to my friends. "it's like an ipod, but for books" and instantly they say "aaaah, NOW i understand."

the article is nothing new for those of us who already are familiar with the technology but we are the tiny minority. it explains using references people are familiar with, which is a useful method.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote