View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #26
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've now reached a point in my life where I can just let it slide off me. Because? I just don't care. I love certain books, and I offer them up to my friends as possibilities. Sometimes they like them, some times they do NOT. c'est la vie. I rejoice when they like them, I remember when they don't so that I'm less likely to suggest a similar to them. And, I might add, the same thing happens in reverse. Sometimes my friends suggest a book and it's "Wow". Other times? Not so much. But I don't hold it against them, and I always encourage others to suggest books. It's how I discover new books, genres and authors.
Hmm... yes. I agree to a certain extent, but would say there is a significant difference between suggesting books between friends and getting into a nitty-gritty discussion as we do sometimes here. I've not yet reached the point where I'm able to sit on my hands when perhaps I should.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote