View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #74
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
In terms of plot, I would have preferred a story about a clone and a "normal" person falling in love and trying to escape--hardly original, but still a structure to allow a consideration of whatever themes the author wanted to explore.
I assumed that the distances between the carers' patients and the time the carers spent on the road was to limit the opportunities for relationships with "normals," particularly those involved in the donor business. Similarly, the role of the carer also was to limit that possibility, but in the other direction - limiting the contact of the "normals" with the donators. But:

Quote:
I think that would have been a lot more interesting, but there's nothing to support it in the novel.
This is the problem of the book for me in a nutshell. There's not much in the book to support any sustained thesis at all.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote