View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The TOC is missing, so typically is the cover images (present but not displayed in the ebook). The .opf can't be used by mobigen because it requires dc:Language to be present.

For example, I tried mobi2oeb on Flatland by Abbott from FeedBooks. The mobi2mobi command lists ENGLISH as the language, the full title in LONGTITLE, four "Subject" entries, and a cover image. The .opf file from mobi2oeb has a truncated title, a single subject, no Language and the book cover does not show up. This did not start out as an OEB ebook, but the .opf file from the ePub version is close to complete (although the TOC has the wrong titles for the parts, correct titles in fb.ncx).
I fixed the truncated title, subject, language. The book cover was already being correctly generated. I dont know what to do about the TOC, since mobi files dont really have a structured TOC.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote