Thread: SBPubX Builder
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Uploads...

I have a lot of REB 1200 .IMP that I have created for my own use/enjoyment. Many severally tax the REB 1200 with many hyperlinks and upwards to 10,000 pages. Most are between 10MB to 30MB files.

Many were created after downloading web content locally with 'HTTrack Website Copier'. I would like to share these, but I have two nagging issues:

First, I don't know how copyrights would affect my posting (for free obviously) web content created by others.

Second, how do I upload REB 1200 .IMP files and have them differentiated from GEB/EBW 1150 .IMP files. I have been personally using suffixes '_1200.imp' and '_1150.imp' respectively, but since the vast majority of users here use the 1150, I do not want to confuse them with an 'incompatible' .IMP file.

The 'Bulk Convert' program installed by the eBook Publisher software uses the suffixes '.1.imp" and '.2.imp' respectively for the ETI-1 (REB 1200) and ETI-2 (EBW 1150). This is not as visually telling of the type of .IMP format supported and could lead to ambiguities depending on the file naming used.

I do prefer my naming convention (would you expect any different?) so maybe I will upload a few REB 1200 .IMP along with their EBW 1150 .IMP counterpart as a test.

That brings up another issue, in that for truly large .IMP files, the EBW 1150 cannot 'keep up' with the number of hyperlinks or file size used and refuses to 'follow' hyperlinks. This renders the .IMP unusable! It exhausts an internal resource, but the REB 1200 does not. As a result, only REB 1200 versions will be posted for these cases.

I note that you may not have a REB 1200, but can still use the 'ebook viewer.exe' installed by the eBook Publisher software to view the REB 1200 .IMP on a computer.

Any thoughts on this issue?

-Nick
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote