View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
afaik you have still the best chances with nvidia and their own (nonfree) drivers.

P.S.: never used highend GPUs either IMHO t was always been only for fishing out the last buck from the gamerkids' pockets.
I'll look into the NVIDIA drivers soon. When I did my test I used whatever Ubuntu installed, figuring that that would be the best.

" never used highend GPUs"

I stopped playing most games a long time ago. Unfortunately I keep reading that any gaming card will give fast 2D results. So far I haven't seen that on cards that cost less than $200. If someone has a real solid recommendation I might go as high as $130 for a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot. But it has to handle dual monitors.

I keep seeing "(nonfree) drivers". Is there something undesirable about them, or is it just an ideological thing?

I just spent half an hour looking online & it looks like there's no consensus on a good card. What one likes, the other says has problems.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote