View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Should the binary install method work in Debian Sid if I want to install the latest version?

And why do you require newer packages then the ones available in unstable? Is it really necessary? I wanted to compile things myself to be able to patch code or fix bugs.
Yeah the binary install is (largely) distro independent

It is really neccessary, calibre uses cutting edge features of a lot of libraries, in fact as I often make a habit of submitting patches for bug fixes or new features to the maintainers of libraries that calibre uses, even the cutting edge ones are often not enough, hence the binary installer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote