View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 09:16 AM   #63
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
People seem to be esp. enamored with Freewrite keyboards. Wouldn't a more flexible solution be a laptop with mechanical switches runnung DarkRoom -- something like the Eluktronics Mech-15 line -- or simply a tablet with a bluetooth mech keyboard like the Keychron or Varmilo VB87?
Yeah, I suggested DarkRoom way back before the pandemic times in this thread. I can see the drawbacks, though. I bought my wife a writing laptop and she still gets, shall way say, distracted by the other things it can do other than serve as a writing machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I guess it's about what you have and what you need. For example, I carry my old beat-up Chromebook everywhere. It has Evernote, DarkRoom, a Pomodoro timer app, and some ambient sound apps. But if you don't have an everyday carry machine, I can see the value of one of the others.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote