View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Sure, some ISO boards have bar shaped enter but they STILL have a cut down left shift and "|" because some ISO boards do. Why else put that there?

I can't use an ISO keyboard to map every key on a JIS Japanese keyboard as it's still missing 4 keys. So no, ISO doesn't work perfectly for every language layout.
Of course not, but it's better than the 1 key less keyboards common and I have such with USA print (there are TWO |\ keys). My argument isn't that ISO suits everything, but that the reduced US layout is inflicted on the world, yet the keyboards with more keys work in USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
I'm guessing by your desire to further cut down shift and backspace you're not a touch typist. Making those keys harder to hit with your pinky for the sake of 1 or 2 keys that would be completely pointless for typing English or programming and is just hurting ergonomics on already bad ergonomics.
I want to INCREASE the 1.5x size Left shift and decrease the often more 3x size Right shift proportionately. The BS key only needs to be 2x wide for touch typests. It doesn't need to be 2.5 to 3.5

The basic IBM USA only PC layout should never have existed. You can have better Ergonomic single physical layout for USA and other Englishes, all European, Middle Eastern and Cyrillic. Probably suit some alphabetic Asian languages too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote