View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #143
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Do you really need more indications that the folks at goodereader.com are dishonest?

For the record: I never received my device (and I stopped expecting it a long time ago). The experience will serve as a lesson to me - fortunately I can survive (financially) the loss.
David Rothman from Teleread has taken an active interest to see what he can do in regard to this sordid affair. Please contact him (see the information quoted below) and if you could please post a comment on the Indiegogo campaign page so that other disgruntled backers could contact David as well. Unfortunately, as I am not a backer, I cannot post there.

Quote:
David Rothman
March 6, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Ian, can you spread the word that I’d particularly like to hear from Michael’s Canadian backers? I’m not in a position to determine whether he violated Canadian law. But I would like to see what the Canadian consumer protection authorities have to say. People without the promised readers can contact me directly at davidrothman@pobox.com and include summaries of their experiences and documentation and permission to publish their stories if they are not already online. They should use his last name in the subject line. I also would especially like to hear from Michael’s backers – whether in Canada or not – who invested major sums in multiple units. Perhaps in your next comment you can include the URLs most worth paying attention to. I want to make sure I’m not missing out on anything. I can’t promise exactly when the follow-up will appear, since I have commitments, but I would like it to show up within a month if possible. Big thanks.

https://teleread.org/2018/04/29/good...g-orders-wait/
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote