View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfmadden View Post
@BetterRed Thanks for the tip. But I just uninstalled Spybot, re-booted, and tried again.
Same error message. I'm beginning to think it's corrupted system software. I suppose I will have to reload Windows 7 -- Oh well, next week.
@mfmadden : Sorry Spybot suggestion was a red herring, my bad - brain didn't register that you'd tried it in Safe Mode. Saw Spybot and went ah-ah.

If it works from command line I doubt its system software

Suggestion : download portable, make minimal changes to preferences, don't add any optional PI's, then add one of the books that's failing, and try convert. If it works then you probably don't need to do a windows (inline repair) install - if it doesn't then - hmmmm, maybe you do.

The one time I took the repair install route (not for calibre's sake) it did NOT solve my problem, the solution was far simpler Luckily I found it before I did a windows install to a reformatted drive :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote