View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #44
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclough View Post
Let's see: ADE no longer works under Wine. No more Adobe AIR for Linux. Currently no Adobe Reader X for Linux. No new Flash for Linux. Never any Photoshop for Linux.

It sure seems to me like Adobe has a vendetta against Linux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What kills me is that almost all ebooks that get read, get read on hardware that runs on some flavor of Linux/*nix. Yet no one selling ebooks thinks having a Linux version of their desktop reading app is a good idea.
What gets me the most, is they're not even developing their developer tools for Linux. A sizable portion of programmers use Linux, and they don't push their dev tools to Linux. For the past decade or so, nearly as many developers use Linux as they do MacOS (and for majority of that time, Linux was ahead of MacOS by a good margin). Its like, "Hey, I'm a developer, I want to give you my money, why won't you take it? Lots of my friends do too."
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote