Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
It might ...

... the style descriptions in the CSS are the lowest priority of all style descriptions in the ePUB. When the same tag or class repeats in the several possible style locations (e.g. a margin set on the <p> tag) the style applied directly to the tag in the (x)html body is the one used.

Priority (in order of highest to lowest):[...]
If there are no conflicts, the style description in the CSS will be used. provided the reader app supports it. When there are conflicts, the CSS looses out to the higher priority style.
Nice to have the list of priorities. But once it's in the CSS, I won't use any inline styles, just for the sake of my sanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
If it is not an address, don't call it an address.
True Mr. Google. Yet, from a typographical standpoint HTML it's such a bad option and ePub seems to be only part implemented just as the browsers don't bother with all the features listed in W3 docs. As I don't have a motto tag I can use a special paragraph class or reuse some other tag already in. Sure, the drones will have issues harvesting relevant info for their masters, but should that concern me?
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote