View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm new to plugins and while trying to use this I ran across some ambiguous / erroneous usage that I believe needs to be addressed.

I was downloading metadata on the Diablo novels, specifically, in correct chronological order:
  1. The Sin War:
    1. Birthright
    2. Scales of the Serpent
    3. The Veiled Prophet
  2. Demonsbane
  3. The Black Road
  4. Legacy of Blood
  5. The Kingdom of Shadow

However, I noticed two book covers had "#1" printed on them. As well as another saying "#3" - but it didn't match up to the downloaded series 3rd book. So it was pretty obvious that there was an error somewhere. This was confirmed by a few other obvious errors. So I went to Diablo Wiki to check out the correct order. Based on this information I began using this plugin to correct the series metadata.

What I found though is that you cannot delete a Series from within the plugin dialog. At least, not by marking a couple of books and then deleting the name. Except, the dialog does accept this as valid input - but closing the dialog and returning to calibre's main window, the series remains.

Nor can you do the same sort of thing by editing an existing series name. So "Diablo The Sin War" series, when deleting "Diablo" but leaving the remainder and pressing Enter is accepted by the plugin. But, once again, it reverts to either the original information or grabs the top entry in the combo box.

I think I ran across something with the numbering as well, in a custom column, but I cannot recall what happened. This was the very first issue I came across and just assumed user error and went back in to re-correct them.

Now, I must admit, all of the above is user error. I should have used the lock & delete icons (for the numbering error that I cannot recall) and obviously entered an entirely new series name for the other. Despite this I guess I assumed that if this wasn't possible / acceptable usage the plugin would return an error message. As opposed to accepting the input and then cancelling the changes.

Hope this helps.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote