View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #28
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I've seen this mentioned by a couple people and was wondering how peeps outside Astak know as a fact.

Yes, all signs and silence (especially Jenifer's) leads to the conclusion that Astak ereaders ain't coming back, but I sincerely hope that is not the case. I sincerely hope Steven Lake and DaleDe have their stories right.
DaleD does some product testing for Astak, which was initiated with RobertB long, long ago. After reading here for so very long (all the way back to the original thread in April? 2008) I trust DaleD to be an authority on the Astak devices for the hardware/firmware side of things. If he says a new one is coming I believe something really is in the pipeline and I expect he has already had it in his hands. A thorough write-up will likely be posted shortly after the unit becomes available like it did for the Plus.

With that said, I am currently aiming for a Sony 650 to be purchased Black Friday weekend (traditional kick off to the holiday shopping season with nuts sales the day after the US's Thanksgiving holiday). If Astak has something announced and available before then I will consider it fully against the Sony 650. The same if Asus produces as promised. But this new Sony has pretty much all the functionality I have been waiting for and want to have, but little fluff that I don't want so Astak or Asus will have to come up with something really good to get my money.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote