View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #56
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
user_none or chaley,
I've purchased a couple of books, at separate times, through the Get Books feature from Waterstones (UK), but when coming to the download the book, the download comes up as something like 'not book format'. I then have to start up my normal browser and log-in and download it normally.

Is this just me being stupid - doing it wrong or is there a problem?
You are not being stupid.

The problem is that Adobe DRM-infested books must be processed by your copy of Adobe Digital Editions before they can be used. The system browser handles the hand-off of the file to ADE to do this processing. Currently the calibre browser does not. This problem affects all stores that sell with Adobe DRM: Foyles and Waterstones in the UK.

You can make the buying process easier by checking the box "Open in external browser" on the search screen before doing the search. This will tell calibre to use the system browser for search results, eliminating the need to manually switch browsers. It would help if you could do this when you purchase another book, so I can be sure that there aren't any other gotchas lurking in the store plugin.

Let me know if I am not clear. I am currently buried in a problem using Java, and am having trouble switching mental contexts.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote