View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #282
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I probably won't get one. I never seem to use the one I have. It's partly because of the annoying port cover, but it's also bigger and heavier than I like.

What I really, really, really want is an upgrade to the original six inch Aura. An improved screen would be much appreciated, waterproofing would be nice (with no port cover), the new lighting options sound interesting, and more storage is always a good thing. I love the size, the shape, and the flush screen of the original Aura -- so much that I'd even buy one with no improvements at all. I do have a couple of Ebay spares but I guess they'll eventually die of old age even if they haven't been used; I charge them occasionally but I'm still mostly using my first one.

I like new toys so in the years following the release of the Aura I've gotten several more ereaders: H2O (nice but too big), Glo HD (perfectly fine but missing the flush screen and more perfect proportions of the Aura), Nook Glowlight Plus (ok, but boring and I hate the feel of the bezel), Kindle Voyage (bad two-toned screen), and Oasis (unstable and always gives me the feeling that it was designed by a committee). I prefer Kobos in general because of the customization options.

I do occasionally use the Oasis but over the past several months I've probably done at least ninety percent of my reading on the Aura; it just seems so perfectly designed that I can't believe it's been abandoned.
i'm with you

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote