View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #98
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Sorry. Just checked and unfortunately, since my backups are all unregistered they don't have Advanced Options > Power Saver (deep sleep).

Given these devices were idle for weeks (left to index after library update and forgot to shutdown after) and wake up from sleep was practically instantaneous, I'm inclined to think registration is a prerequisite for deep sleep.

I do have a lone registered PW4 but I forgot it in the office. I'll do a 4-way test when I get it back in my hands:
  • PW4: unregistered, shutdown
  • PW4: unregistered, airplane mode on
  • PW4: unregistered, airplane mode off
  • PW4: registered, airplane mode off, deep sleep (given I need wifi for WhisperSync, this is its normal idle state)

Maybe even add a PW3 into the mix.
That's quite a project to sign up for, but it won't compare shutdown to deep sleep in airplane mode. Maybe I will remember try it on my KOA2 the next time I'm away from home for multiple days.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote