View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #44
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Another thought. Could the Content Browser be updated to acknowledge Xournal files?
Easily done once iRex releases the 1.6 source (people who have been around a while, how long does iRex usually take to do this?). Once we have more applications, we'll probably need a hack to let the user pick file associations, rather than the "hard" associations for FBReader.

Quote:
[...] For some reason, the menus appear very slow to respond, and "miss" the stylus, ie pick the wrong part of the menu. It only happens in the menus, other than that it is working very nicely.
IMHO, this is because the menus are close to the edge of the screen, and Wacom insists that there is a rift in space-time there . The slow response, I think, is because of the strange way the refresh hooks are built into GTK+ by iRex. They work, more or less, but these apps are just not optimized for an e-ink screen.

Quote:
[...] What I haven't seen though, is if you have opened more than say 5 other files so that it drops off the DR Menu, what happens then.
Interesting, I am not sure what the DR does to applications that are unfortunate enough to have started 5 documents ago.

BTW, if you can get a Xournal build for your OS on the PC, you can open the files there and convert to PDF - no need to struggle with the scribble merger application and you have line style options, text annotations and color
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote