View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #77
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I'll join the club on a part time basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
So, do you use the front cover only, or just the back?
This isn't a matter of front or back. No sir, the top (front and back) is covered to prevent the slider from sliding by itself, while the bottom (front and back) being button-free doesn't need anything

Seriously, the ereader becomes too cumbersome with a cover so I prefer to read without. When out and about, my handbag has a padded pocket in which it's easy to slip an ereader. I've brought the 650 without cover that way many times. I did the same with the Mini for a month or so, but found the sleepcover on/off function to be a good addition when reading in public transport.
However, if I'm using a backpack or something without separated pockets, I'll use the cover and a rubber to keep shut. I'm afraid of the keys and the weight of the insulated water-bottle.

I'm doing the same thing with my smartphone: a pocket in a bag or a generic cover. But I try to avoid things that scratch easily.
I am more worried of something hitting and damaging the ereader screen than the bezel showing signs of "use".
At night, I use to put the ereader face against the top of the night stand, so the screen is safe.

Within the first two weeks of having the Mini it fell twice from about 50 cm (very uncommon to me). No dead pixel, no scratches, nothing... a little dude to my heart
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote