View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzimmerman View Post
I have not used my Kindle Keyboard for years, and the battery went dead and it was frozen on "empty battery".
I replaced the battery with a new one, but it was still stuck at empty battery screen. Spent weeks of trying all advice from internet, hard soft resets of various types etc. Tried different downlaods of Kubrick but cant get it to run (tried on USB stick, CD and DVD on 2 PCs and 3 laptops)

Put paperclip in hole next to charger as a last resort and it wame up with the log on screen! Dont think that should have worked, so maybe just coincidence.

I got the password screen, but had forgotten the password and wanted a reset anyway. It appeard to work at this stage, telling me an incorrect password, and to call customer services to reset the password. So, I decided to do a resetmykindle and it went to a screen "please wait a moment while your kindle starts up. Now frozen on that screen, unable to turn on/off, hard/soft reset or do anything again - but this time a different screen. When I did the reset the kindle will have previously been linked to an old router, so it will not have found the internet. Amazon kindle support tried deregistering it, and resets with power buttn and volume down button, etc and gave up.
I feel I was so close to getting it working, but am again baffled. - plaese help!
You seem to have been doing lots of things. I suggest, now that you've found that it's not just completely dead, that you start again.

The obvious place to start is a simple restart. For a Kindle Keyboard, the procedure is:
  1. Slide and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds. After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
  2. After 40 seconds, release the Power button.
    The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

Do make sure you hold it for a timed 40 seconds.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote