View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Observer: Often hidden behind a rock or tree, never gets involved in the story and understands less about what is going on than the reader. A revolution could be going on in their front yard and they are more worried about what is for lunch. Sometimes used as a foil by the hero to explain why he/she did something or what some action means.

I like this character because whenever he/she is in the story I know that I can quit reading because the book is going downhill quickly as the plot has gotten away from the writer.

This is not to be confused with the standard device of setting the story as if it is being told by one to another.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote