View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar7 View Post
The first is: How do you confirm that a particular glyph exists in a font? The best I've been able to do on this is to open Word, choose the font and enter the unicode for the glyph. Unfortunately, I've found that while the glyph appears in Word, it's still missing in ADE.
I guess the best way is to open the font with a font editor such as FontForge

Quote:
Second: Where can I find the exact name of the font that should be used in the CSS. The only approach I've been able to find is to open the font in a text editor. However, this doesn't reveal very much.
You can use whichever name you want, but you have to define it and embed the font file(s) in the ePub, like this:

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Roman Antique";
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url("../fonts/RomanAntique-Italic.otf") format("opentype");
}

h1, h2, h3 {
  font-family: "Roman Antique";
  font-weight: bold;
}
The bold parts have to match, but they could say "foobar" or whatever. Note that in the @font-face block I'm defining the "Roman Antique" bold upright (not italic) font to use the RomanAntique-Italic.otf file, if I have different files for regular and italic variants, I should define each of them, all with the same font-family.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote