View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #81
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Hmm... A forum by it's very nature is a place that encourages debate. Posters can and
do offer their opinion, as well as what facts are available from their own experience and
observation. Not all posters see the same data or events. Some of us are of an age
that placing events in a perfect chronology might be harder to find total confidence in,
at least not the "confidence of youth".

I even believe that moderators are entitled to express their opinions, subject to the
same constraints that they place on the rest of us posters.

Having the opinion that I am wrong, while annoying, has not, (oddly), been declared an
actual crime.

I have no official connection to Ectaco, except as a customer, but I have been observing
and commenting, on their forum as well as here, for some time before the Color device
surfaced. My recollection of the events and statements released seems to differ greatly
from Nate's. I do believe that this thread has provided ample indication that what was
released here in the US, (and worldwide from Ectaco's description) bears a goodly
resemblance to a device still in transition from a specialized/niche device to one of more
general use as an eReader. It is still "a work in progress", as far as that transition is
concerned. (Opinion?)

I am a little curious as to Nate's sources for his opinion of the device's performance in
the school systems it is being used in. Keeping in mind that open sources often hear
more from those with complaints than from those who are satisfied with a device.

Luck;
Ken
Nate is generally negative about everything...it would be nice to hear him say something positive for once - especially about the jetBook Color.

A tiny spark can start a blazing fire - when positive thinking plays it's role.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote