View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
See the attached python script, kindledrm.py, which reports the status of an AZW ebook. Note that kindledrm is not touching the file's DRM, it just looks at a 2-byte integer in the header that indicates the presence of DRM.

Using a windows command for loop (see the readme in the .zip) I found the following DRM-free AZWs on my Kindle:

Several of these are "Extra Large Print" ebooks that are no longer available. The others can be found by searching at Amazon for the ASIN which is in the file name (e.g. B0018LILMO). The script also finds DRM-free samples (White Witch is the only example here), which are typically labeled EBSP rather than EBOK. Most (all?) samples are DRM-free.
Hmm, I wonder if I should resurrect the installing python part of the Visual Guide. Folks would be on their own in obtaining and figuring out how to use the scripts.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote