View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
To convert pdfs to epub and then mobi, you need ABBYY Transformer (about $30-40 depending on whether it's on special), a wifi link for your computer and Calibre. Transformer does a marvelous job of converting text to epub - novels, not textbooks. Then use Calibre to convert to mobi or AZW3. I do this for books where there is no epub or mobi available. PDFs I own are too heavily illustrated for conversion and I just use my Nook HD+ or Fire to read those.

Like some other programs, ABBYY Transformer will not work unless it's anti-piracy program can contact the website to ensure that it is a registered copy. Really annoys me, but at least I don't have to upgrade. I use it because I have paper books not already in ebook converted as I can't read paper books any longer (vision problems).

Last edited by Tarana; 10-19-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote