View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #117
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
He's obviously never used a recent ereader. My Paperwhite, purchased back in 2013, can look up words in dictionaries and do many other "smart" things (even more if I used wifi).

One function I frequently use is: if a character was introduced at the beginning of the novel, dropped, then turns up again, I find myself thinking "who is this, I know the name, but can't remember who she is?" Then I can tap the name, search in the book and find the first instance (every instance in fact) of the name; I go to the first, find out the basic details then press the backward pointing arrow at the top to go back to the page I was reading.

People who use wifi can get little bios of each character in some books, and many other features such as a list of words which have been looked up in the past.

The quick tap dictionary check enables me to obtain the EXACT meaning of words of which I know the GENERAL meaning, thereby making my vocabulary more precise.

I don't call that stupid. My Sony 505, still going strong, has a great font, but not these 'smart' features.

Who says ereaders are dumb? Not those who use them!

Last edited by BookCat; 03-02-2018 at 07:44 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote