View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #113
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've tried a couple of "enhanced" books (the first Harry Potter and the first Game of Thrones books). They were ok as a novelty, but the moving gifs really didn't do a lot to enhance the experience. Mostly, I suspect they are an attempt to lock you into an infrastructure or perhaps just a way to attract attention and get you to try their infrastructure.
Call me old-fashioned, but this looks like they are trying to fool non-readers into believing they like to read.

When I read a novel, I don't need pictures to show me what I'm reading about (or, give me a graphic novel, and make the picture an integral part of the medium - that's perfectly fine as well; but "adapting" a novel to a graphic format isn't just about drawing the characters and action). And I certainly don't want moving pictures to distract me from my reading.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote