View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #28
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
WTF! How is it possible? Higher clock speed, 4 cores and sports about the same performance?
I wrote absolute performance. Absolute from clock speed.
The i.MX 6SoloLite has a value around 275 and a clock around 1000; this odd processor (a variant of 3188? Cannot get it yet) around 460 and a clock around 1600. 460/275 = 1.6 ... You clock that the same, they perform the same. Not all processors have the same performance per clock. The RK3288 is comparatively higher: median values almost at 800 clocked at 1800MHz. That means that if it were clocked at 1000 like the SoloLite, it would still be over 50% faster - just a single core. And of course it has four at your service.

Compared to the i.MX 6SoloLite in real practice, this "rk30board" will probably give the sensation of being two or three times as fast, and five times as fast when blessed with the right conditions.
Two or three times as fast, because "real practice" SoloLite, having a single core, often have a substantial queue to process.

Last edited by mdp; 10-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote