View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #314
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm doing surprisingly well in my sub-challenges, and pretty badly in my main challenge.

I have very nearly finished all the Hugo winners. I'm on the last one right now.

My Women of Genre Fiction challenge is right on schedule. I've been sticking to one a month for this.

I only set a target of 1 of the BSFA winners, and it was actually a gimme through the Women of Genre Fiction, so I've technically completed that one, too, although I'm definitely planning to read at least one more winner this year - the 2013 winner, Jack Glass by Adam Roberts, which has also just won the John W Campbell Memorial Award.

I had kind of let my ABC Murders challenge slip to concentrate on the Hugos, but in fact I've pulled that back to be right on schedule, too. I was aiming for 8 this year, and I've just finished the 4th.

The only problem is that I've acquired 91 books, and only read 26 (and removed a further 2), so my TBR is still heading rapidly in the wrong direction. It's bit like failing a diet by eating lots of cake. Yes, you've failed the diet, but on the other hand you have cake.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote