View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Finally got my Paperwhite!

503 batch.

My screen is terrible. More pink blotches than white actually. But I'll live with it. Sending it back to Amazon, especially when you're not in the US, is too time-consuming and too much of a hassle.

Other than the screen though, the device itself is gorgeous. A little heavier than expected initially but after I got the Amazon case on, it got even heaver but easier to hold. And sort of getting used to the weight already.

Jailbroke it, installed screensavers hack and the JB patch. A little shoutout to everyone involved in those hacks. Worked flawlessly despite a little hickup with the screensavers hack. And then proceeded to move my entire Calibre library (160+ books) at one go on to the PW. Did a mobi to mobi conversion for all items before transferring over to the PW. Ejected and went to sleep. Woke up to find all items have been indexed. I could have used a better screen but although a distraction, the device is perfect for reading. And besides, it only becomes more prominent at higher light levels.

Here is a picture I took just for Instagram. Apologies that it doesn't exactly show off the screen. Trying to mature my creative side. Once I get around to it, I'll post more conventional photos.

Last edited by TheSacredSoul; 01-10-2013 at 08:58 PM.
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote