View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #66
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Yes, that was the first Google hit. Your quote is by the author of that article, interpreting what Gates meant when he said (in a 1989 speech, according to that article):
"I have to say that in 1981, making those decisions, I felt like I was providing enough freedom for 10 years. That is, a move from 64k to 640k felt like something that would last a great deal of time. Well, it didn’t – it took about only 6 years before people started to see that as a real problem.”

As I said, that reads to me far more like he's saying, as I said, "640K sure looked like a lot back then." Also, that quote doesn't say what "decisions" he is even referring to, since, as we know, the 640K limit was imposed by the hardware design, nothing to do with Gates, Microsoft or software at all.

Have we lost everyone remotely interested in the original topic yet?

Just as well. After all, 2GB in the Kindle ought to be enough for anybody.

ApK
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote