View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #30
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Personally, I like to static-link stuff so all its dependencies are included. Although it makes a much larger executable, on the kindles we (usually) only perform one major task at a time, and there is plenty of room on /mnt/us/. When I really need to load a library for cross-licensing (LGPL called from closed-source code), I link it with a library path /mnt/us/lib. I did that for SDL 1.2 (LGPL), and it worked fine, with no need to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running my SDL apps.

A static linked app does not depend on incompatible library versions on older kindles, so it can work on new and old kindle models alike. I have tested some of my code on firmware 2.5.8 though 5.0.4, and it works fine with no complaints.

Of course, you need to build your apps to look for other resources in a /mnt/us subdirectory too...
cool geekmaster! we're like-minded, that's exactly what I do all the time (except I have an opt directory for all my custom applications and libs, as in /mnt/us/opt/lib/.

@hostar, @hawhill: I executed kite, it give no error but nothing happens!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 03-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote