View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
I like your idea BookGnome.

It's an excellent first post, too!

A simple hash seems like a very good idea, it's pretty low on system requirements and could certainly be part of the conversion/copy process in the library folder. That hash could be stored in the database. I wouldn't want it to necessarily be checked every time I access or send a book, though. I fear that it might make the interface a little laggy when manipulating multiple books -- but I could be wrong. I'd like to see something like a context menu option: "Check On-Disk File(s) Integrity" or some such that would check the hash for all the formats for a book.

Worldwalker, I have to disagree with you. There are at least three OS's (and multiple variants) that would all require different solutions and software -- when the hash could be pretty easily and invisibly integrated to Calibre.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote