View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #35
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I had one that showed the dreaded grey bar, and called Kobo for a return. The CS rep had me do a factory reset on the Forma, and the artifact was reduced by 80%.
No it was not, maybe in your mind it was reduced but a factory reset resolves software issue and can not fix a hardware problem. This is a design defect anyway.

You do realize that is the only thing CS ever does is have you do a factory reset, right? I think you probably could call in and ask how to buy a book from the website and they would have you do a factory reset. You could ask them where is the nearest store to buy a Kobo, and upon answering the question they would advise you to do a factory reset once you've purchased the device.

Also it is not a "grey bar", it is a column of bright white light. The Kobo Forma has entered my hall of infamy for terrible front light uniformity issues along with the Nook STR with Glolight and the Kindle Oasis 1.

The more I think about it, the more unacceptable this issue is precisely because the Clara HD also had uniformity problems and instead of learning from their mistakes and making sure it didn't happen again they released with Forma with worse uniformity!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote