Thread: PRS-600 Slow-down
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Yes, it is pretty bad. Typical SONY crap - I experienced it with their laptops and with various PSs. I always promise not to ever buy a SONY product again - but somehow... gotta give them credit, in a lot of ways, their hardware is great. But they are, after all, a hardware company - and it shows when they try to do software.

The slow down issue with annotations is particularly bad. If I pop in my SD card with 500+ PDFs with annotations, turning pages can take up to two minutes, especially if I have the 'freehand' option turned on.

Frankly, it's not the end of the world - I don't need all my files with me - I was doing it mostly for backup purposes (libraries seem to not transfer well from PC to PC and I fear my laptop dying on me and me losing all annotations - hence the SD card). But it's a hassle, and their advertising just rubs it in.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote