View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 04:42 AM   #19
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Hello all,

Coming back to you again for advice. I received the replacement for my Oasis 3, and as I have until November to return the previous one, I held onto it for the sake of comparing the two.

Now, the new one is different, but I can’t say it’s better. With the brightness off, the two screens are identical. When it’s on, the new one has a more yellow tinge, even with the warmth turned off. It’s also “flatter”, i.e, the text pops out less, seems to have slightly lower contrast. The screen appears a bit more uniform (fewer isolated “blotches” of uneven brightness), but it does have a gradient like the first one, maybe a bit less pronounced on the brightness side, but with a more obvious colour shift.

I’m not putting pictures because I realized I can’t trust my phone - putting them size by side, the one on the left always seems to have the worst gradient, regardless of which one it is.

Now I spent the last week trying both and I can’t make up my mind as to which is better; I’m tempted to send both of them back, but I’m afraid that if they do send a replacement, it will be the same thing again.. Maybe they’re all the same, and it’s just me being too picky? Although I don’t remember being bothered by this on my (now gone) PW3.

For those of you who did send back a device several times, did you experience a change in service quality or tone from Amazon? Am I being unreasonable?
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote