View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 AM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If you get a chance, could you try to send an Amazon-published Arabic language book to your Kindle. That is what I can't get to work.
I couldn't get it to work with the Arabic version of the Da Vinci Code Kindle book either. AFAIK, all Arabic Kindle books currently listed on Amazon are actually print replica books, which aren't supported by eInk devices.

Most likely Amazon has deleted the Arabic language support section, because they're waiting for publishers to upload Arabic ebooks that can be converted to KFX books.

It's also a bit strange that they don't allow eInk Kindle users to download the Oxford English-Arabic dictionary, which is a free Kindle for iOS download.

I've attached screenshots of the new Arabic keyboard layout, which seems to be based on the macOS layout, and the Arabic font selection dialog box showing the new default Arabic fonts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keyboard.png
Views:	430
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	164340   Click image for larger version

Name:	DiwanMuna.png
Views:	514
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	164341   Click image for larger version

Name:	SakkalKitab.png
Views:	439
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	164342  

Last edited by Doitsu; 06-07-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote