View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Thanks for illuminating this. Questions:

1) Let's say I have side loaded a file as a AZW3 format to my Kindle Paperwhite and made some highlights. Now I'm done with the book and want to use my Kindle fire tablet to export my notebook. Can this be done? Or because it's a AZW3 format I cannot? I.e. what formats are allowed.. .mobi only? What's the best way of getting highlights off my Kindle paperwhite?

2) Let's say I want to read a book on both my paperwhite and my fire tablet. Will my progress AND my highlights be synchronized across devices?

3) As an aside; where do you folks store all your book notes? As I start to read more, I like taking notes/highlighting passages but I don't want it just go away forever. I find myself reading more sideloaded books so the Amazon highlights feature isn't really an option.

Best,
arooni
If you side-load I do not think there is any way to sync notes between devices (I think with calibre ‘ASIN hack’ you can get reading position to sync but have never used that myself).

If you use Send To Kindle and store in cloud then your highlights and notes will be backed up there, and you can export them with any of the tablet apps.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote