View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I am aware of a path-to-fonts issue, as I mentioned it in message #8 last paragraph.
The path is correct (can be checked quickly in calibre by double clicking the path - if it's correct it will complain one way, if it's wrong it will complain that it cannot find the file).

Update: I worked a lot in calibre, and as I said, I do the embedding only at the end. Towards the end, after many trials, I got a lack of memory error and I restarted the software. I think (needs confirmation) this was the culprit - after restarting it could do the embedding and subsetting correctly.
Well, the obvious way forward is to NOT use Calibre, to do the font subsetting, and do it yourself, using something like FontShrinker. That would confirm what the issue was--software (Calibre) or something else. At least, that's the bracket navigation I'd do, to troubleshoot the problem.

FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote