View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #8
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
I rarely mix up fonts in ePubs, for a simple reason - it's hard to line them up if one needs this.

So, yes, it's the main font - and I embed it only because I need to be sure all non-ASCII characters are correctly displayed.

The method I use is to do the book, and at the end, to do the font embedding - using the calibre's own macro/function.

After I check by sampling whether the letters are OK, I do the subset. Sometimes, calibre adds a second font definition (the first being added during embedding).

I am still investigating this behaviour. What I did in the past was to have the fonts.css and the fonts renamed as calibre does in a special directory and to import both (or all of them, should they have different names for each format) in ePub.

I know that most issues are related to improper addressing the fonts.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote